SEVERE Win 1.9 update problem

I updated to 1.9 Windows. When I launch one of my old projects it asks to reformat to the new file format. I accept and it wipes out ALL my content on the text page.

It leaves the directory structure on the left with titles intact but all the content is blank.

It’s done it on two different projects wiping out 6 weeks worth of work. The only grace is it saved an old version as a backup but when I try to open it it does the same thing again.

Not only that, it deleted any docs or pdfs I exported from those projects, too. Very strange.

What’s the problem? How do I get my work back?

I’m afraid to open any more projects and I have years of work in the old format.

Could you please send a zipped copy of the backup that the update created (it would be a folder called “Project Name Backup.scriv”) to windows.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com? To zip the backup, just right-click the folder and choose “Send to \ Compressed (zipped) folder”. Please also send a zipped copy of the most recent backup you have of that project from the previous format?–this might be the most recent automatic backup created before updating to 1.9, or a manual backup that you made. This will allow us to test the project directly to work out what’s going wrong with the update process on the project and try to sort the matter out for you quickly.

I too have the same problem. Updating the files has wiped my data and scattered all the directories. Lucky I use another computer with all my original work with Scrivener version 1.8.4.000. I sent a message to tech support. Waiting to hear what they say. I heard other people here say the same thing. (I am running Window 7 with all its updates)