Shortcut for loading different appearance prefs

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a single-button shortcut for loading different appearance preferences. Specifically, I have two .prefs files for “Day” and “Night” where I change the background and text in Fullscreen mode from black-on-white to white-on-black. I’d love it if I could make this change with a single button or keystroke.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think there is such a shortcut in existence, nor do I think it’s possible (at least for the user) to create one, since it takes a series of actions (including mouse clicks), not a simple menu selection, to load a set of preferences. Bummer.

Does the Windows version not yet have a “Window >Layouts > Manage Layouts” menu option? If it does, does that not do what you want? On the Mac it also comes with a preset shortcut. That said, customising colours is not something I’ve ever needed or wanted to do.

Mark

Hmmm, thanks for the heads up. I find myself wishing there was a “dark mode”, but alas.

In Windows, it’s Tools > Options > Appearance > Manage. I believe that’s the action krgordon is wishing to automate with a shortcut.

That is the equivalent of the Scrivener > Preferences > Appearance > Manage on MacOS. What I’m referring to is different. Here’s a screenshot:

Does the current Windows version not have the equivalent?

Mark

My bad, Mark. Windows does indeed have the exact same thing. Another Scrivener feature of which I was abysmally unaware! Thanks for the pointer. I still don’t think there’s a function for it that could be accessed by a keyboard shortcut, though, unfortunately.

Layout Manager in Scrivener for Windows indeed does not have a key shortcut assigned.

I also just went and looked through the keyboard shortcuts section of Options and Layout Manager is not one of the assignable actions for a shortcut.

To do what the OP wants to do would require third party software to record and play back a macro. If the OP has a Microsoft keyboard and has the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center software loaded, that contains the necessary facilities to record and assign such a macro.