Slogging through the mire...

With Scrivener as my only happy beacon (well, aside from those furtive Martinis the captive vic-k mixes up in my basement, JASEN :stuck_out_tongue: )…

Here is my latest manufactured dilemma. (We have to keep off the streets, you know, if not off the liquor. :blush: ) I plan to have the revision of my magnum opus, cough cough, completed and out to my readers (poor suckers bound to me by blood or misguided early interest) in late July. I am guessing that the entire publishing world still shuts down in August but I was wondering if there’s an optimal time (given the seasonal nature of publishing itself) to send a query off to potential agents. Stop laughing, all of you, right now!! :imp: (Or whether, in light of the considerable lag between possible acceptance and actual publication, it really makes any difference.)

Z

…in light of the considerable lag between possible acceptance and actual publication, it really makes not a jot of difference.

I knew that. :blush:

Sure you did. You had just had one too many with vic-k before posting. Uh-huh.

Geesh. Next you be saying you spell my name like that on purpose.

Sigh. :cry: There is NOWHERE left to hide.

Hmmm.

The advice I have always been given is not to submit at obviously inconvenient times - Christmas, August holidays and so on. And to regard Frankfurt in early October as a pivot: submit beforehand if at all possible, and not just after or within a fortnight before when all the agents and publishers in the world are packing up to go.

Experience seems to confirm that this is good advice.

H