Slow Full screen mode

Hi… Love Scrivener. But the full screen mode is really pokey (slowwww typing!) on my computer… which is a ibook, g3 800. Is it me? I tried turning everything off but it still crawls along.

Makes… m…e a very…careful… writer… but… jeez…

Help!

Robin

Curious… This shouldn’t be happening. There were some reports of something similar some time ago, but I never got to the bottom of it.

Some things to try:

1. Try quitting Scrivener and then relaunching. Does that help?

2. Does the length of the document on which you are working make any difference?

3. What about if you try turning off “override text colour” in full screen preferences?

4. Try deleting your preferences file: do a Finder search for com.literatureandlatte.scrivener.plist and trash it. (Be warned that you will need to re-enter your registration details if you do this, so only try it as a last resort.)

5. Open up console.app (just type “Console” in Spotlight and then click on the top hit). Then do some typing in full screen. When you exit a slow session in full screen, check out Console. Does it show any error messages? Error messages could cause a slowdown, though I can’t think of any reason why there would be any.

Ultimately, full screen should be as fast as the normal editor - I really don’t know of any reason (in code) why you would be experiencing this slowdown, so it’s a little hard to say what is going on. Sorry.

Please do let me know if any of the above helps. If you are still experiencing these problems after quitting and re-launching Scrivener, could you please send me the project (.scriv) file? (Be sure to zip it up before trying to send it.) Send it to support@literatureandlatte.com and I can check it out on my 1GhZ iBook to see if I can reproduce the issue. (If you don’t want me to see your text, make a copy of your project in Finder, open up the copy in Scrivener, use Find > Project Replace to replace random letters - e.g. “a” for “q” etc - so that it becomes gibberish, check the full screen problem persists in the copy, and then zip up and send me the gibberish copy.)

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

OK maestro! I’ll try all those things.

Robin