Slow toggling between texts

Hi there,
I am using scrivener for my thesis, and a few of the pages have a lot of writing, with footnotes etc. When I toggle to this page, I get the spinning beach ball eveytime. It usually takes about 45 sec to 1 min to clear, and then I can go again, but this makes cutting and pasting between the text documents excruciating. I’m backing up to Dropbox. Using a Mac. The pages without many footnotes work fine. Any suggestions?

With many thanks,

Katie

I can load 50,000-word chunks with footnotes without delays, so your experience sounds odd.

What version of Scrivener are you using?

Have you tried clicking on File, holding down the OPT key (ALT key), and choosing Save and Rebuild Search Indexes? Does that make any difference?

Assume you’ve tried rebooting both Scrivener and the Mac, just to clear out caches. Might help…

Hi there,
Thanks for you reply. I’m using Scrivener 2.8.1. I’ll try your suggestions and let you know… but I don’t think so. It’s been happening for awhile and progressively getting worse. But I haven’t done any major re-boot or anything. I’ll post again after I try your suggestions…