for some reason it started to go really slow when I updated from the previous beta ver, into the new one
Same here, it’s absolutely crawling along. I’m on Windows 7 32-bit, Scrivener version 0.0.35.
I’m experiencing a lot of lag when typing, and my heart’s been in my mouth when switching between views. I’m not even editing a big document (405kb including images).
It was fine before I updated.
I’m having similar problems on Windows Vista. Switching in the corkboard mode from folder to folder takes much longer than it did before, and Scrivener often enters “not responding” mode while doing it. It’s not very major yet, but it is noticeable.