Sluggish selection of Collections labels, and Binder items

I’ve used the Scrivener v.2 for Windows in the past, and I just started testing the current beta release, 2.9.0.4 Beta (149671) 64-bit, on Win7 Pro SP1 w/ Intel Core i5 & 8GB DDR3. One of the first things I noticed is that the program is sluggish when I move from selecting one Collection label to another Collection label, like from “New Collection” to “What’s New…” to “Search Results.” Likewise, there’s a slight lag time when I move between items within a collection binder. It seems to me that I should be able to speed up and down these items using keyboard up and down arrow keys, but I cannot, and yet Scrivener is supposed to be designed for us to write lots of short sections of text. Likewise, it’s sluggish when I use my trackball or mouse to go from one binder item to another to another. It’s not a big deal, but I expect it will be annoyance sometimes, esp with a long list of items.

Finally, speaking of things being slow and less-than-efficient, what’s up with this forum search engine? It repeatedly asks me to try my search again after 1 second, or 6 seconds, or 7 seconds. And sometimes I wait that long, and it just tells me to wait another 6 seconds, etc!