Snapshot in "Group Mode"

Hi everybody,

Can somebody help me here? I want to take a snapshot of a folder with Scrivening files inside. I can get a successful overview in “Group Mode”, but I want to get an “all-in-one” duplicate rather than have multiple, individual snapshots.

Can anyone help?

Stuart

The only way to get a single snapshot of multiple files is to merge them (Documents->Merge) and then snapshot that file. You could then split them again and it should duplicate that snapshot to each piece, but somehow I don’t think this is what you’re after.

Personally, I think your best bet here is to compile just that folder and tuck it away somewhere in your project for reference.

If your goal is to set a save point to which you can revert if needed, you might also consider creating a manual backup of the project. The File -> Backup -> Backup To command lets you create a backup separate from Scrivener’s automatic backups, with whatever name and location you like.

It’s a little more awkward to work with than a snapshot, but saves you from my favorite trick, which would be to snapshot File A and then merrily make changes to File B. :blush:

Katherine