Snapshot of PDF

I can open a PDF file in the Research folder I get a menu item where I can take a snapshot. The icon changes and gets a red top to indicate I’m on a PDF file. I can hear the snapshot sound, but there is no snapshot appearing anywhere.

Is this a bug or is there something i Just don’t know about. I was expecting a screen dump or similar becuase this is a PDF file, as compared to the snapshot in the texts… but there is nothing showing anywhere that I can find.

This is Scrivener for Windows Version: 1.9.7.0 - 06 Oct 2016

Snapshots allow you to rollback sections to an earlier date. If you want to capture and perhaps edit screen captures or sections of screen captures, the Primary windows utility is Snagit Editor for around $50. It is from Techsmith. There are lots of utilities for doing it without the huge power of snagit, including the built in snipit tool within Windows itself. These will let you mark a section of the screen and capture it and save as a jpg or png which can be inserted as an image into your binder text files.

I don’t know why you keep repeating the same question over and over again, this was clearly answered in your wishlist thread:

The snapshot feature is very clearly discussed in the User manual (Chapter 15.6):

It has nothing to do with PDFs or function that should be handled by your operating system like screen capturing IMO…

For Windows Vista and beyond, Microsoft includes a free screen capture tool called “Snipping Tool” that allows you to do basic screen captures based on window, selected rectangle, free-form, or even entire screen (like the old PrtScreen capture). It includes a simple pen and highlighter function that allows you to mark up your screencap before pasting it into another document. In newer versions it even has a delay function that allows you to capture context menus, tooltips, menu selection, mouse position, and other ephemeral elements.

It’s good enough that I stopped paying the money for SnagIt.

Not me. I do a newsletter every month and appreciate the power of the Snagit editor. I’ve been upgrading Snagit about every other version for 15 or 20 years! However, I agree with you that the built in windows snipping tool is all most people need. - And thanks for the correction as I misnamed the snipping tool snipit.