Snapshots in Scrivener doc not working...

When I try to take a snapshot of a document the application stops responding. Latest Mac OS and Scrivener versions (all up to date) on iMac.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do I need to rebuild the doc?

UPDATE -

It seems to do the same thing on a new document as well. Is there a way to reset this functionality? Or should I deinstall and reinstall the app?

Further update… this feature is definitely broken (which is odd because it was working yesterday). I have uninstalled the application (removing ALL associated files within the library) and reinstalled using the latest installer from the L&L website. The same feature is broken. When clicked the application becomes unresponsive (have left it for more than 1/2 hour) and have to end up force quitting the app.

Is anyone else experiencing any functionality issues along these lines?

-William

Obvious question: have you restarted your Mac?
I occasionally get all sorts of weird behaviour in OS X and it is surprising how often a restart fixes it. Failing that, try manually repairing permissions (although usually a restart will correct permissions anyway). Failing that, email support in case it is application specific.

The restart seems to have sorted it out. I thought I’d tried that as I did the installs and fixes I was attempting but perhaps not. Thanks for the input. Sometimes you really can’t see the forest for the trees!

:open_mouth:

My guess is that something got jammed up in the sound system. There is a sound file that plays when you take a snapshot, and we’ve seen issues in the past with that if there is something else on the system that isn’t playing nice with the underlying audio frameworks in the Mac.