Solarized Dark theme broken on Windows

I love the Solarized Dark theme, but unlike the other themes, it’s buggy in that it does not ‘grey out’ or dim the unusable menu options. I have just combed through the options in File->Options, and see no place to set that for the theme. I’d happily use that theme with just a tweak to the selection text colour (which is another area where that theme got no love) and a slightly brightened link colour, if the menu issue were fixed. The minor quibbles I have with it are something we can handle ourselves. The menu item dimming, sadly, appears not to be.

If you would either fix the theme, or tell me where I’m missing the ability to set the dimming for unusable menu items (e.g., “Ungroup” when there’s nothing to be ungrouped), it would be really sweet. It appears to be the one theme which didn’t get much love. :frowning:

Oh, also, the main Window menu titles like to occasionally jump to a white background on that theme. Haven’t noticed that with other themes.

Thanks!

I can update the Theme for you, as you can Save the Theme to file, unzip it and update the color of the QMenu::item:disabled QSS class.

What color do you want the disabled menu-item to be?

There’s already an updated Solarized theme here, I could further adapt for you…

That updated one appears to be for Solarized Light. I’m using Solarized Dark.

Basically, the font text should be at least 30% dimmer than available options in the menus. Also, the highlighted text background default should really be changed, as it’s really also not noticeable what you’re highlighted. I know the two places that gets changed in regular Appearance options, but the theme itself is kinda broken that way. I also think the links colour…that mustard yellow…should be brightened by 20% or so. Those are basically the changes I’d like to see for Solarized Dark.

I agree. I’ll create an updated version this evening.

QMenu::item:disabled {
color: rgba(255,255,255,25%);
}

Screenshot (361)

SolarizedDarkHighlight.zip (22.1 KB)

The text selection color, current line highlight and link color are all set in the Appearance Options. I’ve saved these colors as preferences in this updated SolarizedDark Theme. You can change them yourself if your not happy with them.

Hope this helps

1 Like

About my only quibble with it is that you didn’t address Composition Mode with the same colour treatments… Other than that, it’s perfect, near as I can tell. It just needs that uniformity.

Without quibbling, start changing:

File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Colors > Text Selection Background : rgba(0, 90, 110, 255);

File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Colors > Text Selection Text: rgba(255, 255, 255, 255);

File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Colors > Editor > rgba (0, 44, 54, 255);

File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Colors > Screen background: rgba(2, 38, 47, 255);

File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Colors > Links: rgba(255,165,101,255);

File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Colors > Invisible Characters: rgba(170, 255,0,255);

then:

File > Options > Appearance > Manage > Save Theme Options to file…

Rename and Unzip SolarizedDarkHighlight.scrtheme

Replace SolarizedDarkHighlight.prefs

Zip and Rename SolarizedDarkHighlight.scrtheme

and:

In Composition Mode, set Background Fade to Opaque on the far right.

1 Like

SolarizedDarkHighlight.scrtheme (38.8 KB)

2 Likes

thanks, Antoni – now using this here also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much! (Sorry, rough few days, here…didn’t mean to be delayed.)

1 Like

Only problem if rename scr file when import has same name as base file solarizedDarkHighlight, want to vary but cannot see a different name if I modify the theme slightly and give it a different name, windows sees the same theme name.

*** Unhelpful incorrect reply helpfully removed. ***

Don’t forgeet the change the name of the Theme in the ThemName.xml file. :slight_smile:

@AntoniDol Ah, so that’s where the theme name comes from. :nerd_face:

I’ll delete the incorrect info in my earlier post.

Looking forward to your theme book!

Best,
Jim

Don’t have xml reader but had modified your theme(which is great) and gave a new name- Anton mod. I choose reveal theme folder and deleted all solarized themes that looked identical then loaded Anton mod theme and now has that label and other themes named the same are gone

1 Like

Would live it if you’d called your Theme Antoni Mod.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry to cheat you of your I but there is no I in theme

2 Likes