[solved] Option to put Outliner & Corkboard into Sticky mode

Hi and sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find anything via search…

I’d really like it, if when I clicked the Corkboard or Outliner buttons to set that mode that I could then click a little padlock icon or something that keeps Scrivener in that mode.

I seem to be working with many nested bits-and-bobs in the Binder, and like to add more, re-arrange tasks and so on in the Corkboard, each time I click on an different item in the Binder it switches back to “edit” mode. I tend to want to jump around a lot on the Corkboard.

I probably use Scrivener unlike most people, so this is probably not needed by most ppl, but I’ll wish-list it anyway. And thanks btw for a great product.

Cheers
-D

Hi,

It should open in corkboard mode for groups, but in editor mode for non-groups. This will get a lot easier with 2.0, though, where the navigation has been greatly improved, along with the ability to leap between modes more easily.

All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

This isn’t my experience, if by groups we mean a stacked-icon (of cards or just paper) that have sub-elements and then …

… wait … actually, when I play with it more I see that you do indeed mean groups - as in the Folder Icon :slight_smile: I tend to work with just text documents, that I then drop other text documents (which then turn into stacks), it’s on these that it doesn’t stay in mode.

Which makes sense, but not what I was expecting. I was trying to avoid using “folders” as I like to think of myself as working with scattered notes all over the place and “folders” is a bit too structured for my tastes, and folders and text documents seem to be pretty much interchanged as far as functionality goes.

“Converting to Folder” on all my nodes fixes the usability to my tastes, thank you.

-D

Hi,

In the Navigation pane of Preferences there is an option to “treat containers as files” (can’t remember the exact wording without looking), and this will do what you want without having to convert those text groups into folders.

Hope that helps.
All the best,
Keith

Ah ha!

Yes, that did the trick … “Treat all documents with children as folders” when used with “When in editor mode, open folders: | As Corkboard” (on as default) makes everything work.

Guess I should rtfm :slight_smile:

Thank you,
-D