Some about tags

Hi everybody,

I want to change some tags to compile a project. I mean, Scrivener put a tag like <$PROJECTTITLE> in the Title page and in the header. But I have some drafts in the same project (i.e., five short stories in a project) and I want to put the draft title (but not the project title) in the Title page and in every page, in the header, when I compile it. Maybe a specific tag exits for this, but I don’t know it. Can you help me?
Thanks a lot

If you are compiling to Print or to PDF, you can do this by including the <$sectiontitle> tag in the header field. During the compile process, this tag is replaced with the title of the document or folder that follows the most recent page break.

How you set this up depends on how you have structured your draft.

Scenario 1 – each short story is in its own single document
In the Contents pane of the compile options, specify that each document is to have “Page Break Before”. In the Page Settings pane, include <$sectiontitle> in the appropriate header field. This will start a new page for each story, and each story will have the corresponding document title as its header.

Scenario 2 – each short story is in a separate folder comprising several documents
In the Contents pane of the compile options, specify that each folder is to have “Page Break Before”, and make sure that the documents inside the folder do not have a page break. In the Page Settings pane, include <$sectiontitle> in the appropriate header field. This will start a new page for each story, and each story will have the corresponding folder title as its header.

You can read more about the <$sectiontitle> tag from the menu option Help > Placeholder Tags List… Note that it only behaves this way if you compile to Print or PDF; the result will be different if you compile to RTF or .doc.

I hope this helps.

Astrid