Some corkboard and index card formatting questions

I’ve watched several videos and searched the forums, and haven’t found answers to these. I’m attached a screenshot so you can see what I see. One card has a status and one doesn’t. Neither card has a label or a keyword.

1. I know that there isn’t a way to have a rounded-corner card without a dividing line between the title and the content. (I looked for a way to request this in future versions, but I don’t see one.) Since I can’t have a totally plain card, I’d like to be able to change the color of the divider, or have it reflect the color of the status. Is that possible?

2. As you can see in the screenshot, the card that is chosen has a fairly thick blue border. Is there are way to change the border weight and/or the color?

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.33.11 PM (1).png[/attachment]

Re: 1.: Not as far as I know. However, you can have the background be your Label colour, you can have the icon show your label colour, and your keywords’ colours can decorate the right edge. Mine do all three (because I can never have too much colour… :wink:)

Re: 2.: The selection border width is fixed, but you can change its colour. It’s the system Accent colour and you can change it in the System Preferences app, in the General panel (the upper left icon In the second row.) Of course if you change the system accent colour it will affect all your other apps as well.

Hope this helps!

Re: 2.: The selection border width is fixed, but you can change its colour. It’s the system Accent colour and you can change it in the System Preferences app, in the General panel (the upper left icon In the second row.) Of course if you change the system accent colour it will affect all your other apps as well.
[/quote]
When I go to Preferences/General, I don’t see any place to change system colors. (I don’t see accent colors under appearance, either.)

Oh dear. I’m sorry—I must not have made myself clear.

Quit Scrivener. Open System Preferences from either the Apple Menu in Finder, or from the dock. You should get this window:
[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 20.02.09.jpg[/attachment]
Click on the General button I’ve outlined, and you should get this window:
[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 20.02.25.jpg[/attachment]
Select the accent colour you prefer from the row of buttons I’ve indicated.

Hope this helps!

I think the “accent color” option may be new in Catalina. I don’t remember it in older versions of Mac OS.

Katherine

It’s not new. It was in MacOS Mojave in its present form. As far back as at least High Sierra, (and earlier if memory serves) it was called “theme” and your only choices were blue and graphite.

quickly goes and fiddles with her system settings

I was wrong. The border colour is based on the highlight colour, just below the accent (or theme) colour. The highlight colour has had 8 options and the ability to customise since forever. Changing the accent colour automatically changes the highlight colour but not the other way around.

For the OP, you can customise the text selection colour in Scrivener to be different from the system highlight colour, but the corkboard border is only based on the system highlight colour (or the accent colour if you don’t adjust the system highlight colour after.)

Hope this helps!