Spell check does not work across text/inline note boundaries, but produces false misspelled notices.

Spell check does not work across text/note boundaries, but produces false misspelled notices. When an inline footnote, for example, is placed at the end of a word, the spell-checker attempts to treat that word and the beginning of the note as a single “word” incorrectly indicates a misspelling. The spell checker should distinguish between body text and the text in a note, even when the latter abuts the former.

Do note that I earlier posted on this issue (w.g., with Inline Footnotes) under a different bug, where I wrote, “I’d like to note a very similar bug / issue, which likewise needs to be resolved: When a footnote abuts a word anywhere in the midst of text (e.g., at the end of a word within a sentence), that word is then flagged as misspelled. Scrivener should recognize that the given word and the first word in the immediately following footnote are not a single misspelled word. (I have not checked recently, but this could be an issue with inline comments as well.) I have thousands of footnotes (literally) in each of several books I have written and am writing, and having to constantly deal with false spell-check results for the above reasons is painful and actually time-wasting. (Please fix this.)”