Spell Check Not Working

I was working on a project, walked away for a little while, and when I came back, Scrivener’s spell check (which previously underlined, like EVERYTHING in red until I was done typing it) stopped working. Now, my document is completely devoid of red squigglies, even though I know I have words spelled wrong here and there and some of my names aren’t counted as actual words in my dictionary. I was so annoyed with spell check before, and now I want it back…

And yes, I have checked to make sure the feature is still on; it is, and I have tried opening and closing the program a few times to see if that fixes it. It doesn’t. No red squigglies for me (in Scrivener, at least, because Firefox seems to like them still).

This is probably a stupid question but have you tried switching the option off, restarting Scrivener, and switching spellcheck back on again.

Yes, I have; it has no effect.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the program got my spellcheck back, but obviously this isn’t idea…especially as it seems to have deleted the Scrivener logo…?

*EDIT: The logo is back now, but I didn’t do anything. It just sort of reappeared.