Split Screen Issue

Mac OS 10.7.5
Scrivener 2.4.1

I love using split screens, as it allows me to work in one screen while having reference open in another. However, I’m now having an issue I don’t recall having before but I can’t actually remember if this is really a problem or not:

In one pane I have the virtual corkboard open where I am outlining using the cards. In the other pane I am trying to have some brainstorming reference open to help me in the process.

However, anytime I add a new card in the corkboard or try to type inside an old one, the other card switches to this blank card. I then have to go back to the other pane and get my notes up again.

I thought I had done this successfully in the past, but the more I think about it, the more I doubt myself. So, my question is, is the above expected behavior? Or is my Scrivener install glitching? I would really like to have the corkboard open in one pane with my notes left alone in the other pane.

Thank you!

It sounds as though you have “Selection affects other editor” turned on. Look in the footer bar directly below the corkboard. There is a button with two arrows pointing in opposite directions. Is it blue? If so, “Selection affects other editor” is turned on. When this feature is turned on, anything you select in the corkboard or outliner will get opened in the other editor. Click on the button to turn the arrows dark grey and turn the feature off.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

That was it! Thank you so much. I’ll keep an eye on that in the future. :slight_smile:

Glad it helped. :slight_smile: