Split the split pane

I fully expect this to be rejected, but much like other nut cases I feel the need to ask anyway…

After my daughter (darn the kid) found serious issues in character voice in a complex section of vic-K like insanity I realized that I would have had less chance of a mistake if I could have split the lower text pane vertically to allow for a 2 document (character traits/speech patterns) side by side view. I think this might be useful for others who need/want to see side by side comparisons while working in the other pane.

Or I could just do a better job keeping track of whose voice I am supposed to be using. Sometimes I regret teaching that kid to read.

Just a thought. I will return to poking vic-k in the ribs and tempting Wock with hooch soaked bread crumbs. I am keeping the ribs and corn bread for myself.

No second splits - that way madness lies… Why can’t the speech patterns just go in the notes pane, or both go in the same file? Anyway, definitely no more than two splits - it would be impossible without pretty much rewriting from the ground up, anyway, as it’s hard-wired to expect only two panes. Any more would wreak havoc with the individual control elements on small screens.
Best,
Keith

no problem. madness and I are good friends and I am used to being associated with him.

I, in my finite wisdom, had been working on things from “character chapters” and had been keeping my characters updated to provide consistency. I have a bit of information on each character mostly those irritating little phrases that a person would use repetitively (most of my characters are annoying)(yes they are based on aspects of me so no comments vic-k/Wock). So basically I was hoping to see both sets of data at the same time.

i could color (or colour) code them in a text file… that would provide visual clues… hmmm…

Not a problem. The limiting factor here is my brain. I may need to reinsert it into the processes. Or let my kid read drafts sooner. She is a bit picky and catches an enormous number of things that others have missed. I am not sure I like her as an editor.

Anyway thanks for considering and using Nerfâ„¢ darts, not real bullets.

Or, can’t you just load both into the navigation history and navigate between them (using the alternate editor keyboard shortcut) as needed?
Best,
Keith

See, that is just annoying. I already know that I am not doing things the best way and here you go pointing out how you already fixed my problems before I knew that I had them :wink:

That works. Sometimes I wonder if I should just lay down, die, and get the composting started.

Add a little “shine” for comfort and you will literally be pushing up daisies.

:slight_smile:

Réellement Messieurs

The best compost excellerator c`est pisse :wink:

LeD :imp:

sounds like Bud Light.