Split View Plus One

I have two documents: the first (a draft) is in correct English. The second, a final document, is, let’s say, in questionable English. So I need to compare each paragraph and see if the final has changed the meaning of the draft. If so, I have to correct it and create a new paragraph in a new, third document.

I can load the draft and the final in Scrivener; in split-screen view it is easy to compare the two versions. But is there a way to get a third pane for the revised text?

Yes, you can have an extra two copyholders.

Or: If you want to see the text in the whole length of your screen just open an additional window (quick reference).

1 Like

As a matter of fact, you can have as many of these as you want. The only limit as to the functionality being the size and number of your screen(s).

You might also be interested in the “compare” ability between a document and a snapshot. It highlights the differences between two versions of a same document.
Might speed things up in your case. :wink:

1 Like

By the way the quick reference windows can be pinned. Then they float above the Binder, for example. This can help to use the space on the screen better.

Thank you all for the very helpful suggestions.