Standard Text After Every Section

Hi everyone! I hope this question hasn’t been asked before. I did do a search, but I wasn’t sure what to search for!

I am creating a book which is similar to a book of blog posts. I have it divided into Year (folder), Week (collection of documents) and Item (single document).

When I compile it for editing, I want to have a list of possible tags after each section so that the person editing can just circle one. I used a custom separator, which will give me what I want between items, but I can’t work out how to get it after the last item.

It looks like this:

Year (Section title)
Week (Section title)
Item title (Section title)
Item (text)
Custom separator

Item (text)
Custom separator

Item (text)
No custom separator

Week (Section title)
Item (text)
Custom separator

Where the “no custom separator” is, I’d like the separator to appear. Is there any way to do that?

Thank you!

Charlotte

You could always use a section suffix for this instead of a custom separator. If all of your custom separators have to come after “Item (Text)”, then you would just use a section suffix for “Item (Text)” items instead of a custom separator. This assumes, though, that you want the custom separator after every “Item (Text)” item. From your setup, that seems to be what you are after, though… You can add a section suffix in the Compile Format settings under “Section Layouts” > “Suffix”.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Oh, of course!! Thank you. That’s exactly what I needed.

Best regards,
Charlotte