is there any way to make a new (chapter) section start on a recto page when compiling to .docx?
There is, but it’s hard to find! (At least it was for me.) Here’s how I did it:
- File > Compile
- Choose the little settings-gear in the lower left at the bottom of Format and choose Edit Format
- Now you’ve got Section Layouts selected at the top
- Choose the layout you want to start on recto, like Chapter Heading
- In the bottom section, choose the “New Pages” tab
- You’ll see the choice to always start the section on a recto page
1.5 If you haven’t already created a custom compile setting, right-click on one that you’ve been using and “duplicate” it. Also, once you’ve done that, double-clicking on the custom compile setting name puts you in edit mode, if you find that a little easier to do.