Still no text wrap in synopsis in ver035

It wraps in a Chapter under Manuscript (eg, for novels), but not in Scenes under Chapters. The “double-click then click away” solution proposed for 029 doesn’t invoke wrap. And the content of Synopsis appears also in the header bar of the editor, which does not occur in the text or folders higher in the heirarchy. Corkboard copy in these sub-sub-content files also doesn’t wrap.

Could you post a screenshot? I’m not entirely clear what you’re seeing. Is text running off the edges of the index cards and synopsis text showing alongside the title in the editor header?

Yes, as you will see in the screen shot I private emailed you, the text is running off the edges of the index cards and off the edges of the synopsis text field AND the synopsis is showing alongside the title in the editor header.

Thanks. Did you send it to the support email? (support AT literatureandlatte DOT com) I haven’t seen it come in yet and just want to make sure I’m looking in the right place.

No, I clicked on your handle and sent as a “private email”, with attachment. But here is an update with a mea culpa, although one possibly worth alerting others to. Which is that when I reported the “bug”, I had not noticed that the name of the Manuscript grandchild (ie, the child of my Chapter 11 in this case) had changed by itself in the Binder; it being only a dozen characters or so wide. Now I have just woken up that this grandchild’s name had been renamed because I had entered the sypopsis text above the faint red line in Synopsis, which of course does not wrap, being the document’s title. This in turn caused the long entry there to appear in the header to the editor as the renamed title for the grandchild, as it should. If this connection between Synopsis and Binder is in the Manual, I missed it, but I was unaware that what was typed above the red line in Synopsis renamed the file in the Binder (although the converse is to be expected). The text entered below the red line in Synopsis does indeed wrap, as I have since discovered. So not a bug as such, but perhaps a caveat or a reason to make the red line more obvious. You might ask why I overtyped the title above the red line in Synopsis in the first place. The answer is that I probably didn’t. I probably named the Scene (the grandchild) “Rose wakes”, then later when I decided to expand what was to happen in more detail in Synopsis, simply added to what was there, eg, “Rose wakes, calls Peter and blah, blah, blah”. Easy to do.

Ah, I see. Yes, the area above the top line is the document title, so it is linked to everywhere else in the interface that uses the document title and everything will update when you make a change to the title in any location–the binder, the editor header, the outliner, etc. That does not wrap (it wouldn’t fit on the card) but gets truncated with an ellipsis at the end if it’s too large to fit the given width of the card in the font size being used. The area below the line is the actual synopsis (so that’s what’s meant any time the synopsis is referred to in the documentation), which is visible on the card in the inspector, on the corkboard, or on the outliner if you choose to display synopses. Titles and synopses (and text and so on) can also be included or excluded from compile individually.

So, sorry for the confusion there, but I’m glad you’ve got it sorted now!

Not sure of what I’m reading here, but my issue is in the Outliner mode, I asked for the Synopsis to be shown and only the first line shows. Back in the ads and explanations for using the Outliner mode, it shows a screen where ALL of the Synopsis is included in the outline. My preference is just to use the Outliner mode since in that mode it is possible to change what displays via the drop down check list.

Ha! Just figured out that what I write on the index cards on the Cork board is NOT a synopsis and does not appear in the Inspector as a Synopsis, as I originally thought it would and should. My mistake.
There is obviously a difference between index card descriptions and the Synopsis. Humm.

I think your original expectation is the correct one, but let me clarify since I’m not quite sure what you’re seeing now and it may well be a bug. What you write on the card while in corkboard mode is the synopsis–it should appear on the card on the corkboard, on the card in the inspector when viewing that document, and in the synopsis field in the outliner. The synopsis is not the same as the main text, what you write in the regular editor. It is possible to use the Auto-Populate Synopsis button to grab the first couple of lines from your document’s main text and apply that to its synopsis, but the fields are otherwise separate so editing the document doesn’t affect the synopsis and vice versa. So if you mean you’re typing in the document–that is, you’re typing in what looks like a standard text editor/word processor, rich text, etc.–then that is not the synopsis and will not appear on the cards or in the outliner. If you mean you’re viewing the corkboard and typing directly on the index card image, so the text is on the lined part of the card, that is the synopsis and should appear in all the different views.

That said, the only bug I I know of that might be affecting this is that the full synopsis does not always properly display immediately in the outliner. I think this has been improved for the next upgrade, but I’d need to check. I do remember though that there was an occasional bug where only the first line of the synopsis would show when initially viewing the corkboard, so it sounds like you might be seeing that. Try just clicking around in the outliner–double-click in a synopsis field, etc.–and they should suddenly decide to show up.

That wouldn’t affect the synopses not appearing in the inspector, however. Only thing I can think there, unless this is a new bug, is that you’re maybe not viewing the same document there? The inspector shows the meta-data for the document loaded/selected in the focused editor, so it might be showing info for whatever folder you’ve loaded into the outliner rather than a specific subdocument. A screenshot might help figure out what’s going on for this.