Stop the scratchpad madness!

Hi All!

I think I might be going mad, or blind, or perhaps both and I’m hoping someone can stop the madness!

I’ve been hunting the manual, forums, help, etc. to configure the scratchpad and I’ve read all sorts of configurable mentionables like transparency, float buttons, colour options, and so on. But I can’t seem to do anything with it.

I want it open all the time (I use it a lot - very handy) but I only use it within Scrivener. I don’t want it to sit on top of my other applications when I alt-tab out to look something up. Even with the hot key it’s a pain to keep opening and closing it every few minutes.

How do I stop it floating? I saw a reference to a float button but I have no such button. I can add a note, delete a note, send to project, ok, resize, close. Nothing to stop it floating.

I can also change the colour of the contents of the notes but not the titles. As a result, my lovely black compose window which isn’t at all distracting usually, has a bright off-white box in the top corner, which drives me a tiny bit nuts.

I’m on 2.1.

Am I missing something? Should I be in the request for enhancement section here?

Thanks so much! :stuck_out_tongue:

Gilly

Hi Gilly,

Sorry, there’s no way of doing any of that - the table stays white and the scratch pad always stays on top - that’s its very purpose. Use the hot key when you want to get it out of the way. (No need to post in the request section, as I’ve noted your wish, but I’m afraid there are no plans for any changes to the scratch pad in the near future.)

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for responding so quickly – as usual!

Good to know, I’ll stop searching the options now. Thanks for keeping it in mind at least … a float/don’t float option would be great. But I get that I’m not really using it the way it’s intended!

All the best to you too!

Gilly

You can drag the separator between the top list of items and the notes in the bottom of the Scratch Pad and hide the top section when you’re working in Composition Mode–just drag it back down if you need to switch to another note.

Thanks Jennifer, I didn’t think of that. Another user was asking how to configure the colours and that’s helpful to hide the bright white box.

In my case I refer to the scratchpad three or four times a minute while I’m writing as it holds a lot of frequently referenced words and synonyms for me. I’m so anxious not to be hot keying, resizing or anything like that because of this heavy use.

But good tip!

Thanks

Gilly