Strange page insert in compiled manuscript.

I tried compiling my WIP and then previewing it before print last night. What I noticed is that between chapters 2 and 3, I have one whole blank page separating the two. It doesn’t do this with any other pages.

Is this because of spacing or amount of text on one of the sheets? It’s really annoying. I’ve tried looking at all the settings and everything seems, except for this one additional page which I don’t want.

Cheers,

Jon

Open the inspector (Cmd-Opt-I), and then check either one of these in the Binder. In the middle section is a flag to insert a page break, if that is checked then you have your culprit.

Okay, thanks. I’ll give it go. That extra page is really annoying.

No dice. I tried what was suggested on both posts and I still have a funky extra page between chapters. Weird…

Is there a page break at the beginning of the next document (“Page Break Before”)? When Scrivener inserts a page in this manner it also inserts an extra newline (otherwise paragraph formatting can get thrown off), so if the text on the page is filling this page, the newline may go onto a new page and then the page break leave that page blank. Could this be the case?
All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

I think the text may be filling the page to the point where the additional sheet is being tossed in during the compiling process. I’ve tried ‘squeezing’ down the text but this still doesn’t work. Not sure why it’s only doing this between these two chapters. I might try moving the text to new chapter folders and see what’s happens.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi John, as I said, it’s probably because of the “Page Break Before” setting. If you uncheck that for the chapter after the page break, it should go away (you may need to re-check it in future if you change the text of course).
All the best,
Keith

I have ‘page break before’ for all the chapters set. Only between chapter two and three do I have an extra page. Anyway, I’ll figure it out.

Yes, but like I say, if on that particular chapter the page before fills up the page then it would have gone onto a separate page even without the “page break before” so the pbb setting will have pushed it onto an extra page. Did you try unchecking that for the following chapter as I suggested?

Hi Keith,

Yeah, I tried that. I want to keep the page breaks, however. What I did find is that I needed to click around on the page in question and remove some extra spacing from the end. Spacing gets added, as you know, if you type willy-nilly on the page doing editing and so on. I got rid of the extra page. I appreciate your help on this!

Cheers,

Jon