Structure Outline Template Perhaps

I’ve written out my outline and structural guideline, but as useful and helpful as that is (and how wonderful Scrivener is for that!), is there a method, template where I can have that in a somewhat scroll or lengthwise story map format - much like an Excel Spreadsheet that spans across? I think I’ve seen that here somewhere where someone created that - or perhaps just used an excel spreadsheet itself. Something with Act I, II, III where I can add in my ideas. The note cards work, but not in that sort of format. Unless Scrivener has something within I’m unaware of?

I want to write out my outline structure and be able to refer to it in a long timeline so I can refer to it in one glance and be able to edit it as I go along, rather than have my outline on separate pages, folders, chapters having to switch between them. That does indeed work for me, but at the same time, I kind of want to get the same thing a story map paradigm offers. I see that Scapple comes very close to what I’m asking, but its more for a gathering of notes on one page which works, but I want to have or create a timeline that I can refer to as I write and be able to edit - unless Scapple offers that sort of timeline view as well.

No matter… Scapple it is!

Have you had a look at Aeon Timeline? Written by a Scrivener user and works with Scrivener — I don’t think it integrates with Scapple yet, but I know there’s been a feature request for that.

scribblecode.com/

:slight_smile:

Mr X

Have you had a look at Aeon Timeline? Written by a Scrivener user and works with Scrivener — I don’t think it integrates with Scapple yet, but I know there’s been a feature request for that.

scribblecode.com/

:slight_smile:

Mr X

You can do a lot with Outline mode, though maybe not everything you’re looking for. Use View -> Outliner Columns to see what options are available.

The Project -> Metadata Settings pane allows you to create new metadata – such as a date field – which will then be available for display in the Outliner, too.

And you can sort by any Outliner column without affecting the permanent (Binder) order of your documents.

Section 12.2 of the manual discusses Outline mode in more detail.

Katherine

Thank you both! Investigating!