Stuck on startup

Hi there. Several times now I’ve tried to startup Scriv beta 20 on my desktop, and it has gotten stuck at the point of “Loading Application Data.” It never gets to the “this beta will expire…” warning. I end up having to terminate it and restart. The restart seems fine.

Not sure if there is any information I can collect that would be helpful. The app’s process is using a fair amount of CPU during its “stuck” time (about 29%) and there is some memory left for it.

Otherwise, I’m loving Scriv 3!

I’d try re-downloading from the L&L site—clear your browser download cache first—then do a clean re-install. Sounds like something has gone wrong with your current installation.

HTH :slight_smile:

Mark

I would switch out of “Reopen projects that were open on quit.” - First option in options / Startup.

See if the problem exists. Then if you have multiple projects, try to see which ones cause the problem. or if you ever get the problem with a new fresh small project that doesn’t use any weird fonts.

Of course, if you aren’t trying to open pre-existing projects, then my idea couldn’t possibly have any value, so I apologize for wasting your time.