Subversion support

Let me start by saying that Scrivener looks absolutely fantastic in so many ways; I have only just discovered it and am going to try to write my next chapter in it to see how it goes. I’m an academic writer, I use tons of footnotes, and LOVE the export to Latex function, without which I probably wouldn’t use this program. Great job!

One sticking point is the problem with using Scrivener and Subversion, which others have already mentioned. I’m not a programmer so I don’t really understand the issue, but if it is easy to fix, it would be great if I could just put my Scrivener file under version control together with all my other files.

(For those who don’t know Subversion, it’s free and it’s a great solution to keeping multiple versions of files synched between your home and office computers, or for collaboration with others.)

Thanks!

subvert verb [ trans. ] undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution) : an attempt to subvert democratic government.

DERIVATIVES subversion noun

Hm…

/Joey

Thank you thank you thank you for making the latest beta compatible with Subversion (and CVS)!

(For someone working with hundreds of files on two computers, version control is a lifesaver. It’s kind of a pain to set up if you’re barely literate in unix environments like I am, but once it’s set up, it’s a breeze to keep things organized from computer to computer.)

:slight_smile: Glad it helps!