Superscript/Superscript does not compile in epb, mobi or pdf

Sorry if this has already been addressed but my Superscript text does not compile as superscript in epub, mobi or pdf, it just appears at straight text.
I thought Subscript was OK as I have some that worked in old text, but when I just tried it with fresh text, even Subscript fails.

It all works fine in .doc and .rtf formats
Any thoughts
Scrivener text Subscript Superscript.PNG
Compiled PDF Subscript Superscript.PNG

This looks like a bug with handling footnotes for these formats. As visible in your example, superscripts and subscripts within the main text appear correctly when compiled to PDF and to the epub/mobi formats. Until we’re able to fix this, I’d suggest compiling to .doc/.rtf and saving to PDF from Word and for the ebooks, compiling to .epub and opening the file in an epub editor such as the free Sigil, where you’ll be able to tweak the HTML directly to apply the right formatting classes to the superscripts and subscripts in the footnotes. You can then resave and generate a .mobi copy by opening the file in Amazon’s Kindle Previewer, which will automatically convert a copy via Kindlegen.

Thanks Jennifer, at least I now know it is not just me.
Cheers

Has this ever been fixed? I am trying to compile an entire PhD thesis to epub format, but the superscripts aren’t being retained. Is there a solution to get it to compile correctly, including superscripts? I don’t really care to have to go through the entire document in another editor after compiling to get all of the superscripts (and possibly subscripts, I haven’t checked for them, yet) working properly. It would be very, very easy to miss a few if I had to do them by hand, and it would take many hours of work.

Just a follow up–I have finally, today, found a solution to the problem I was having with superscript and subscripts not working when compiling to epub (they worked fine when compiling to Word and to pdf). Instead of applying a superscript or subscript style to text just use the unicode. This will transform the ugly Mg6[Si8O20)(OH)4 into the much easier to read Mg₆(Si₈O₂₀)(OH)₄.

To do this, with your cursor where you want to be writing, and you go to Edit > Writing tools > character map you will get a pop-up window. If you then use the drop-down next to the word Font: to select the font you have been using (in my case Times New Roman), you can then use the slider bar at the side to scroll through ALL the characters available in that font to find the ones of interest. For this font the degree sign, and superscript 1 and 2 (°, ¹, ²) are all up near the top, right after some of the most common special characters, and before the list of accented variations of letters used in other languages. Then, way, way down, much lower in the table, below many of the accented letters, all of the other superscripted numerals, and the plus and minus symbols, and the subscripted numerals appear.

That pop up menu isn’t the most intuitive to learn to use, but after a couple of errors I figured out the trick. Click on the character you want, then press the “select” button, and the character appears in the “characters to copy” box. Repeat these steps for as many characters as you like, and all of them will appear in that box. Then press “copy”, and everything in that box will get copied, and can be pasted into your scrivener document, or into your blog post, or anywhere else you want to paste them.

Because the pop up Character Map window isn’t the easiest to find things in, I copied all of the super- and subscript numerals, and the plus and minus symbol, and pasted them into their own scrivener document, which I can keep open in the second window as I go through the thesis, find all of the places I have super or subscripts, and replace them with the unicode versions. Much to my delight, these forms actually look better than the results I had been getting using the “apply subscript” or “apply superscript” buttons, and they compile correctly to epub, and I am much, much happier.