Syncing after a reinstall on Mac OS

I have been using Scriverner on my Mac and my iPad. Of late I’ve worked just on the iPad. But a couple of weeks ago I had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch. So now I’m a little unsure how to reconnect Scrivener on the Mac to the correct folder on Dropbox (I do have too many places where I have stored Scrivener files and when I do a search on Dropbox for recent file changes it doesn’t show me the ones I changed today on my iPad, so I’m unsure where to find the right set of documents.)

I’m trying to do a better restart and be neater, but I don’t want to connect to the wrong files and wipe out what I have done on my iPad.

I have Scrivener set up to backup as well, but am unsure about the relation to saving on Dropbox and Syncing and Backups.

If you’re unsure, you can protect the data on your iPad either by temporarily putting it in “Airplane” mode, or by moving your projects to the “On my iPad” section of the Projects screen. (Note that this will move them out of Dropbox, so don’t be shocked if your Dropbox folder is empty.)

By default, iOS Scrivener stores projects in the Dropbox/Apps/Scrivener folder, so that would be the first place to look.

On the Mac, be sure to install the Dropbox software. That will allow you to see Dropbox as a location in Finder, rather than using the web interface.

Katherine

The folder called “Scrivener” at the top level of the DropBox folder is what the iPad has been saving to. How do I point my Mac Scrivener to look there also? I made gave it “Authorized Folder Access”, but that doesn’t make all the projects show up.

Have you installed the Dropbox app on your Mac? If you have there should be a Dropbox folder in Finder. Treat it like any other folder.
If you haven’t installed, nothing will work.