Synopsis/Document Notes updating / Windows-Mac compatability

I’m using Scrivener 1.55 with a novel of approximately 160,000 words at the moment on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista.

When I first open Scrivener, the far right panel, with the Synopsis and the Document Notes, does not update unless I first click in the middle panel, with the scene editing. That is, I can move around the various scenes, but the Synopsis and Document Notes stay on the original scene that opened Scrivener. Once I click in the Edit panel, however, the far right panel updates immediately and has no problems after that.

Was I clear enough? I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet, or perhaps it’s simply a bug on my own machine, but there you go!

Also, this is unrelated, but how easy is it to bounce between the Mac and the PC versions of Scrivener, using the same file, etc.? I’m thinking about getting a Mac soon for my “writing laptop,” but I’d still like to be able to use the Scrivener files there (using the Mac version, of course) on my PC (with the Windows version). Is it a hassle to flip between the two on the fly?