Synposis that I did not write

I’m a newbie BTW, soooo… while working on on my manuscript in draft mode, I noticed that many of the chapters have a synopsis in the inspector that I did not write. How does that happen?

Hi Arisongbird. Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

When you say “that I did not write”, do you mean that you didn’t write there ? Or that you didn’t ever write at all ?

Scrivener will auto-generate synopses from the body text for documents that don’t have them. Probably that’s what’s happening here.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend taking a look at our Interactive Tutorial, available from the Help menu. It’s a good overview of Scrivener’s fundamental operations.

I wrote the chapters in the editor but I didn’t write the synopsis for each one. The synopsis (plural), btw, were quite accurate. I was impressed. However, I did notice that not all the chapters written have a synopsis. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Thank you for the info. I will (and will continue) to soak up all the teaching available to me. It’s a little overwhelming at this point but I’m too stubborn to give up now. :blush: