System Text Preferences for Scrivener for Windows

Dear creators,

Can you please add this feature for Windows version of Scrivener too?

Thank you

1 Like

If you mean System Preferences as on the Mac, that’s part of the OS, so implementing it on Windows would be a matter for Microsoft.

If you mean something else, can you clarify?

:slight_smile:

Mark

Hi,

When on Scrivener for Mac and you have several projects in different languages each, you just open the appropriate project and start typing, and it automatically detects what language you are using and there is no need to change it in the Corrections - Spelling tab. In Windows if I write in Bulgarian I have to open the Corrections and either turn off the corrections or change the language of the spelling to be Bulgarian. But then when I go to another project which I type in English, I have to change the dictionary to English again. So this depends on Microsoft? Are you sure?

Thank you for quick reply.
Antoaneta

Yes, System Preferences and the language settings there are part of MacOS and operate on any apps as appropriate. They are not part of Scrivener.

As far as I understand it, there is no equivalent in Windows, but asa Mac user, I’ll let Windows-savvy forum members take the discussion further.

:slight_smile:

Mark

2 Likes

Thank you for the information.
Will it be possible to add the option to upload two or more dictionaries at the same time then? This way I could choose two languages and when the dictionaries are both uploaded when I open a project with one or the other language the program will recognize what language I am using.

Thanks again.
The program is awesome!
Antoaneta

1 Like

I’m just a long-term user, not part of the development team, so I can’t answer that, but I think that it has been talked of before.

:smiley:

Mark

Basically, what you are saying is that you’d like the dictionary to be selected per project rather than it being a general setting. (?)
In which case I’d agree.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it. It would be better to have the option to define the dictionary per project.

1 Like

That’s would be the perfect option !
I’m currently going through all the features of Scrivener before making the decision wether to buy it or not. This one would definitely be the “go go go” feature for me, as I’m writing in three languages, following the inspiration of the moment.
If not per document, it would be great at least to have the option to assign a specific language to each project. Thus it would no more be necessary to switch the language manually when switching between projects written in different languages.
Many users have already asked for this feature, so I’m kindly reposting as so many of us are bilingual or even more than that. Plus, there are so many reasons (professional, creative…) to write in different languages.
Please, try to answer our deep need, because it truly is a deep need.
Thanks for your reply, Scrivener developers’ team.