Table of content one page off in docx, not in rtf

Something strange is going on when I compile. My project has a title page, then a little text page belonging to the title, then a table of content, and then the rest of the project (starting with the prologue).
The table of content is set to N/A like always.

When I compile to .rtf things are okay: title page has no page number, first little text page 2, ToC page 3, prologue starts with 4 and the ToC shows that prologue starting on page 4.

However, when I compile to .docx, everything is the same, except for one crucial detail: the ToC shows that the prologue is at page 3 instead of 4. But AFTER that, the page numbers of the chapters appear fine.
So it seems as if the ToC thinks it’s part of the subsequent chapter. So in the ToC it says the prologue starts at page 3 instead of 4 (the ToC itself being page 3, the prologue page 4). The ToC doesn’t get a page number in the list

Just to see what happens, I’ve tried putting the ToC after the prologue: now the prologue has the correct page number in the ToC, but the chapter following the ToC is one page ‘early’. It’s as if the ToC thinks it’s part of that next chapter. And the crazy thing is, it doesn’t happen when I convert to .rtf.

I used to convert everything to .rtf but file size forces me to use .docx instead.

Of course, I could just convert to .rtf, than open that file in Word, and save as .docx. But I would very much like to solve this in Scrivener.

If you do that, what happens? One possibility is that Word is repaginating the document.

I’ve tried it, kewns, and that works, that is: the ToC sees the prologue as page 4, even after converting the rtf to docx.

But the compile problem to docx seems to be a bit more nuanced than I described in my opening post: it seems as if the ToC thinks it’s part of the subsequent chapter. So in the ToC it says the prologue starts at page 3 instead of 4 (the ToC itself being page 3, the prologue page 4). But AFTER that, the page numbers of the chapters appear fine.
So to formulate precisely: the ToC seems to think that the chapter following the ToC actually starts with the ToC.

Hope I haven’t lost you there ; )

P.S. I’ve decided to edit this in the original post