Table of Contents for Paperback

Hey there, everyone. After searching around on the net and trying fixes (that didn’t work) I decided to come straight to the Scrivener boards.

What I’m trying to do;

Create a ToC for a paperback novel (6x9.)

The problem;

Chapter 1…<$p>

becomes

Chapter 1…4

<$p> is not grabbing the page number chapters actually start on. Instead, it grabs the number of the page it’s currently on. I’m not sure if this is because I have the front matter set as unnumbered, if it’s because I don’t have Office, or what. For now I’ve manually numbered where each chapter starts, but I’m hoping there’s a simpler solution that I’m missing.

I did try the method of uploading a .doc/.docx export into Word Online, but no dice.