Table Problems

1. I’ve created a table with 4 columns and 4 rows in Scrivener and adjusted the column widths however the every row except the first one is completely off when I tab to enter data. In the second row, the first column insertion point is in the middle of the 3rd column, the 2nd column insertion point is at the end of the 3rd column and the 3rd and 4th column insertion points are taking place in the 4th Column and outside the table.

Something like this:
±------------±------------±------------±------------+
| C1 | C2 | C3 | C4 |
±------------±------------±------------±------------+
| | | 1 2| 3 | 4
| | | 1 2| 3 | 4
| | | 1 2| 3 | 4

I’m trying to duplicate this, however I noticed that the table cells are center justified. Changing the justification of the cells to left justified seems to correct the problem.

1. When I adjust the column width it moves the borders of the other columns as well, making it difficult to adjust the column width. Any adjustment to the column width ends up adjusting other columns in a strange and inconsistent way.

2. Adding a table to a page with no other text won’t allow you to enter text after the table. Hitting the return key makes the table (row) height grow as if the CR is taking place in the cell even though the insertion caret is on the line directly below the table.

I’m afraid that tables are notoriously buggy and quite horrible. This is because Scrivener just uses the OS X text engine (the same one that is in TextEdit), so it inherits its table behaviour from there - you will no doubt find that exactly the same thing happens in TextEdit.
All the best,
Keith