Tables: text formatting and footnotes

Hi all,

I’m seeking some help with tables in Scrivener. Two big issues:

1. I’m having a problem with footnotes in tables. I can insert the footnote in the table cell and type its content in the “comments and footnotes” pane. However, when I compile I see only the footnote number at the bottom of the page (not its content). For footnotes in regular body text (outside the table), these work as expected, i.e. I get both the footnote number and the footnote content displayed at the bottom of the page.

2. I’m having difficulty pasting data into Scrivener tables. I have the data i need in a two-column table in Word. I can’t work out how to get this data into the Scrivener table properly. When I select the columns in Word, copy and then paste into the Scrivener table, all the content ends up inside one of the original columns in Scrivener. Actually, I end up with a 2-column table embedded inside that one column.

Could anyone help point me to what I’m doing wrong in either/both of these cases? Would be very much appreciated. I’m trying to use Scrivener to write a bilingual book and both of these are show stoppers at the moment.

aanon

I’m afraid that’s the way it is supposed to work. Tables are complex creatures to handle.

As a workaround, you might do the table editing in MS Word and then copy the final table back to Scrivener. MS Word is not perfect with tables but provides more editing capabilities.

I’ve done some tests and copying a whole table works OK. You don’t need to create a table on Scrivener first.

Hope this helps!