Tablets

I’ve been using Scrivener on a Windows tablet (Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2) for a while now, and while Scrivener works fine, I’ve had unrelated issues that will soon force me to replace this with an iPad.

Has anyone devised a working method that allows mobile writing/editing using a third-party RTF editor on a non-windows (iPad or Android) tablet? I know there is an iPad version in the works, but I’m looking for an interim solution to hold me over until the iPad version appears.

Thanks!

D.

Use folder sync with a cloud synced folder (I use Cubby) and then use one of the many RTF editors on iPad (I’m blanking on the name of the app I use, and my iPad battery is flat so can’t check).

Trouble is, Your NOMsense, if I remember rightly, LAP & Co. haven’t yet programmed folder sync into the Windows version.

But there are other threads here where people talk about how they get round that.

:slight_smile:

Mr X

:blush:

I did say I was on my iPad & couldn’t check…

I’m currently syncing between my two Windows machines (laptop at home, tablet on the road) using Dropbox and it works quite well. My greatest concern about the third-party editor is file compatibility, as I’ve learned the hard way that not all .rtf files are equal (or follow the same conventions).

D.