Tags in an e-pub book?

Here is what I would like to do. I have a number of short pieces that I would like to list by year in the TOC. That works fine. I would also like to be able to tag each piece so that readers could find all related (same tag) pieces. I don’t know if that is possible in an e-book compiled by Scrivener. If it is, any direction on how would be most appreciated.

Hi :slight_smile:
I’ve never seen that in an ebook.
Have you?

Otherwise, I guess you could have a couple of html tocs to your book.
All referred to in the “real” toc.
So one “sub-toc” per tag.

Say “Sci-fi shorts”, “Romance shorts”, etc.
Then make each a toc.

You could also simply append those at the end of your main TOC instead. In which case the “per categories” would be also accessible via the Ereader’s menu.

Else, ebooks/ereaders don’t have such a tag-based navigation system to my knowledge.

The Scrivener Manual is an example of using a ToC per chapter, providing a series of links into that particular section.

One can create as many xhtml ToCs in an e-book as one likes, so there should be no problem implementing this.

Another suggestion might be to provide a Glossary, not per alphabetic letter, but per topic. Referring to pagenumbers in an e-book is of little use, but links to a Glossary work just fine.