Tags not replaced in document titles

I created a text document called “Other Works by <$fullname>”, and the tag was not substituted during the compile. No one really sees the document titles in the actual compiled output, but they do show up in the NCX, so it is possible for a reader to see this. Not a huge issue, but one to note anyway. :slight_smile:

Hmm, tags should be replaced in document titles. Oh, hang on, do you mean in the NCX XML file? Hmm, come to think of it, I don’t think replacements take effect there, that’s a good point…

Yes, it only shows up when viewing the actual NCX contents (which the Kindle previewer and Nook for Mac apps let you do). Normally, because my folders are chapters and my documents scenes, there’s really nowhere to see the title of a document. This was just one I noticed while compiling and poking around my most recent book.

Thanks. I’ve added this to the list for investigation.
All the best,
Keith

I’m sure you guys are crazy busy, but I was hoping you had maybe looked into this? I realize it’s a nit, but it’s the only thing stopping me from making some really nice templates that I can give over to other people. It’s not a big deal for me as I just put my name in there, but with my template, the NCX view still shows <$fullname>.

I suppose I could just tell people to go and replace the text. That’s probably simple enough. Thanks for the huge release yesterday. Lots of great stuff in there. :slight_smile:

Could you please provide an example for reproduction? This was fixed for 2.4 so should be working. I just tried typing <$fullname> into a document title and it was replaced in the NCX file perfectly.
All the best,
Keith

Just sent email to mac.support with an example project.

Great, thanks for the sample project. I’ve found the bug and fixed it for 2.4.1 (hopefully properly this time…).
All the best,
Keith