Target indicator colouring

Tiny point: the target indicator at the bottom of the active document is red to start with, and green when the target is reached.

Wouldn’t it be more intuitive to have it green (= “keep going”) until the target, then red (= “stop writing”) ?

Or, even better, green for keep going, amber for nearly there, red for stop, flashing red for “you’ve overshot, you fool”.

Picky picky picky. Yes, I know, but I am way behind deadline and I need to whine about something.

Pretty sure this has been debated before. I can’t remember what the official reasoning was, but I do remember Keith saying it isn’t going to change :wink:

Actually, I didn’t make a comment before:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/count-target-colors/2918/1

But I don’t see how this is more intuitive. Green is a happy “I’ve done it” colour. “Red” = bad, not achieved. Anyway, if I changed it now, you’d suddenly get lots of half-finished stuff being turned over to editors. :slight_smile:

Best,
Keith

Hmmm, maybe I’m thinking of a different thread. Or maybe I just imagined the whole thing… :confused:

A.

I am with you on “I swear he answered this once before!!!”

That should scare the crap out of you. Anyone who thinks like me is one step away from vic-kdom.

[size=50]youwillneverbeasgoodasIam[/size]

[size=200]I know[/size]

[size=50]thenagainyouwillneverbeasbadasIam[/size]

Repeat

Well was it or not, stop debating juss do it 8)