templates

I have saved a project as a template. How do I find it now?

Templates are saved in ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/ProjectTemplates. You can import and export them using the “Options” button in the template chooser panel, though.

I am using mavericks 10.9 and I don’t see a Scrivener folder in my appellation support folder. Any hint as to where it might be?

It’s where I said: ~/library/application support/scrivener. The tilde (~) represents your home folder. On 10.7+, the ~library folder is hidden by default, though, so to see it you need to hold down Option when opening the “Go” menu in the Finder. That reveals a “Library” folder in the Go menu which will take you to ~/Library. (Sorry, I should have explained that before, but I know you’ve been around here for a while so didn’t think to.)

Also, if you are on the Mac App Store version, the location is a little different because of sandboxing. If you’re on the MAS version, it’s at:

~/library/containers/com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2/data/library/application support/scrivener

(From memory - it’s a long path!)

What’s the reason you want to access the files directly, though? You really shouldn’t need to seeing as it’s all accessible via the “Options” menu in the templates chooser.

I just figured it out! Thank you so much for your help. You’ve been great!