Text bunched to one side - what am I doing wrong?

Hello all. I will preface this post by saying that I’m on day 2 of my free trial and have no idea what I’m doing, so I’m really sorry if I’m asking a frustratingly common question. I did try searching both this forum and the manual but couldn’t turn anything up, probably because I don’t really know what to search for.

Anyway, I’ve just created my first project and imported all the existing documents for the novel (I’ve been creating new documents for each scene). Initially I couldn’t import at all, but I followed the advice I found here to use a different converter and switched from Scrivener to MS Word. For some reason, though, my text only seems to be using the left side of the editor, instead of stretching across it flexibly the way it did in the tutorial. I’ve tried importing the docs as both both .docx and .rtf formats and checked it’s not something stupid like a line break having somehow been inserted at the end of every line.

I’m sure I’m missing some obvious setting but I can’t figure out what it is! :blush: Any help would be very gratefully received.

It sounds like a rogue right-indent setting to me. We have an article in the knowledge base on cleaning up formatting that may be of use to you.

Thank you so much! That seems to have completely solved my problem, and I’ve also tweaked the default settings for next time! Thank you :mrgreen: