Text not showing b29 (solved)

I’m running Kubuntu 11.04, but I’ve updated my packages to KDE 4.7. Somewhere around that time, in one of the previous beta’s even, all my text disappeared. I haven’t worried about it too much as I haven’t been doing much writing recently. I wanted to look into it a bit, though.

I’m thinking that it might be an issue with an updated version of the QT libraries. The version of libqtcore4 that I’m running is 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 right now. I believe, in a fresh install of (K)Ubuntu 11.04 it would work just fine. Can anyone else verify this? And what version of libqtcore4 are you running?

No problems here (Kubuntu 11.04).

bash$ dpkg -l | grep libqtcore ii libqtcore4 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2
Have you tried running this in another window manager to see if it is KDE mucking things up?

For example (using fluxbox):

[code]Ctrl-Alt-F1 (to get to a console)
login
bash$ xinit which fluxbox – :1

when done with fluxbox session…

exit
Ctrl-Alt-F7 (to get back to KDE)[/code]

No such luck. Same as KDE, I can see the red misspelled word squiggle, but that part of the screen is grey. No text at all. That’s why I’m thinking it’s a QT library. Here’s all my libqt libraries that are installed. Any differences there?:

ii libqt4-dbus 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-declarative 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-designer 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-help 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-network 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-opengl 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-qt3support 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-script 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-scripttools 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-sql 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-sql-mysql 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-sql-sqlite 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-svg 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-test 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-xml 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqt4-xmlpatterns 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqtassistantclient4 4.6.3-3 ii libqtcore4 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqtgui4 4:4.7.2-0ubuntu6.2 ii libqtscript4-core 0.1.0-3ubuntu3 ii libqtscript4-gui 0.1.0-3ubuntu3 ii libqtscript4-network 0.1.0-3ubuntu3 ii libqtscript4-sql 0.1.0-3ubuntu3 ii libqtscript4-uitools 0.1.0-3ubuntu3 ii libqtscript4-xml 0.1.0-3ubuntu3 ii libqtwebkit4 2.1~really2.0.2-0ubuntu1

Have you tried resetting the default options? Everything will lose text/background color if I switch to fullscreen using the linux version. Haven’t had a problem with the windows/wine version in awhile.

Wow, didn’t expect that to work. Thanks!

Come to think of it, I might have been in fullscreen once, and my computer crashed, or ran out of battery… That must have done something screwy.

Woot! Yeah, any time that happens, try reloading the default settings. :mrgreen:

Strange it looked fine on Windows (my projects are on DropBox so I can work on whichever computer). Those settings must be separate from the project, then. Actually, that makes sense since it did it to any project.

It used to do it on the windows version, too, but hasn’t in awhile… Then again I rarely use fullscreen mode. (I’m more likely to maximize it across my screen, because I like being able to see a corkboard while I’m working.)