Text selection hotkey suggestion

I searched around and couldn’t find this as a pre-existing suggestion, so sorry if I’m repeating things.

I recently tried out a Logitech keyboard with my iPad and it had a very useful built-in function where Fn+Left Arrow selected words to the left of the cursor one at a time, and Fn+Right Arrow selected words to the right of the cursor one at a time. It made things go very quickly when tweaking sentences and kept me from fiddling with the screen or hitting “delete” twenty times to get rid of a few words.

Since the Logitech was the first iOS Bluetooth keyboard I’ve used, I thought this selection shortcut was a standard thing in iOS but I’ve found it isn’t so I’d like to suggest a similar function in Scrivener. Thanks, I’m really enjoying the program so far!

Ah! I’m sorry, I spoke too soon. Seems like there are standard iOS hotkeys to handle this action:

Option + Shift + Left arrow: Select previous word
Option + Shift + Right arrow: Select next word
And also…
Shift+Cmd+Left Arrow: Select all text on the left of the cursor on the current line
Shift+Cmd+Right Arrow: Select all text on the right of the cursor on the current line
Shift+Cmd+Up Arrow: Select all text between start of document and cursor
Shift+Cmd+Down Arrow: Select all text between cursor and end of document

Are there comparable hotkeys under Windows?

All of these functions are available using standard Windows shortcuts for doing so (you should find they work about the same in just about every program). They are documented in §15.2, Editing Basics, of the user manual, pg. 147.

As for iOS, in addition to the platform standards, we also provide a button-based interface for selection and cursor movement, for those cases where you aren’t using an external keyboard. They are located on the middle extended keyboard row. Tap the leftmost icon that looks like a selection highlight to toggle selection mode. In selection mode, the arrow buttons will modify the selection. You can change the buttons by holding down on any of them.