Text separators in scrivening view

Hi,

I’ve tried everything to find the answer to this question, but don’t seem able to: Is there a way to change the default text separators for Scrivening view? I understand that you can change and custom separators for compilation, but it would be nice to have those options just in terms of editing also.

Thanks,

Gareth.

There are two settings you can change for how Scrivenings are stacked together. In the Formatting preferences pane you’ll find an option at the bottom for “Separate scrivenings with single line breaks”. This will use a crop mark along the side of the editor, rather than a dividing line, and does not take up any vertical space. If you prefer a minimal view, this is a good option.

As you can see in that section of the prefs, there are settings which allude to Scrivenings titles, these are the second option. These formatting options aside, toggling the appearance of titles on and off is a project-specific setting, and is thus handled in the Format/Options/ sub-menu.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. However, neither of those options are what I’m really looking for. All I want is to replace the line separator with a blank line. I understand that I could just add a blank line at the end of each piece of text, or show titles and leave each text title blank, but I was hoping there was an automatic way of doing this in terms of separators.

If not, thanks anyway.

Gareth.

Oh okay, no there isn’t a way to insert a custom separator like you can in the compiler.