Text size has suddenly gone tiny! [v1.9]

Something very strange has just happened. Suddenly all the text in all my folders has become tiny! The sizes in the bar at the top remain as I originally set them: Ariel, size 12. I’ve tried changing the text scale at the bottom left but it makes no difference. The document notes I’ve made on the right hand side remain the right size. Does anyone know how I can restore my text to the proper size please?

What happens if you set your default font to Arial, 12pt under Project > Project Settings > Formatting (make sure to check the “Use different formatting for new documents in this project” checkbox first), then select all documents in the Binder that you want to apply this formatting to and use the Document > Convert > Text to Default Formatting… option? Does that make any difference?

If that doesn’t help, could you attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing, please?

Thanks for replying, amickie, and for your suggestion. There is no option under Project for Project Settings though.

Sorry, I assumed you were using Scrivener 3 but it sounds like you’re using Scrivener 1. In that case, go to Tools > Options > Editor and tweak the formatting there to Arial 12 or whatever you want to use. Then select the affected documents in the Binder and go to Documents > Convert > Formatting to Default Text Style.

Thanks again! I tried this but when I tried to do the Formatting to Default it just says ‘Converting document style cannot be undone’. :frowning:

You can hit “OK” on that warning and proceed. But yes, it will convert all of the selected documents to Arial, 12 (or whatever font you’ve chosen to configure in your Options), and you cannot reverse that action. In any case, you can always change your default formatting and use the “Formatting to Default Text Style” command again in the future if you want to easily change the formatting of many documents at once.

Thanks again, amickie. Tried it but unfortunately nothing changes. And if I copy and paste the text to a word document, it immediately becomes Ariel pt 12 font. It’s just that it’s tiny in Scrivener. I’ve tried the Zoom button but that doesn’t help either. Think I’ll just have to live with it… but appreciate your help.

One final suggestion, save the Scrivener projects, make sure backups running, then close the app and re-boot Windows.

Thank you, rms. I’m ashamed to say that I’ve solved it. I highlighted one chapter and used the Zoom - and it enlarged throughout all the documents! Can’t believe I didn’t do that to begin with. I’d tried the Zoom before, but hadn’t highlighted the text. Thanks everyone for your help. blushes

I solved it and am really embarrassed! (see my post below). Thank you so much for all your help.