Text vanishes from page

I’m very new to Scrivener and have scoured the net trying to figure what’s going but to no avail. I do hope someone can assist me here.

Here’s what happens:
I had already typed all my content in Word and imported my Word doc into a folder I created, labelled “original”. From this I copied one of my poems into a new text file in my Final folder. After formatting the fonts and what not, I save my project and go on to the next poem repeating the copy\paste method. In the process of doing this, the icon for the first poem changes from “full” to “empty” and sure enough when I click on the page for the first poem, nothing is there.

I’ve had instances where the poem does save successfully but if I try to change anything on that page later on, it reverts back whenever I leave that page.

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason why some save and others don’t. Is there some specific series of events that I’m not following when I am done with a page?

On the other hand, since it is a poetry book and I’m wanting each poem to have a unique page design, I’ve been leaning towards the idea of designing each poem in Photoshop and exporting a PDF which I would then add to Scrivener to compile as an ebook.

Please advise and thank you for your help.