Textual statistics for whole manuscript

I’ve figured out how to see text statistics for a specific piece of text using Statistics>Text Statistics but can’t seem to figure out how to make it work for the whole manuscript.

I found the recent suggestion on the thread “Did I dream this?” and tried to do the textual analysis based on Edit Scrivenings but the option was still unavailable. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Oh, if you want the entire manuscript, just use the project statistics panel. That one has more options for selectively removing non-book elements, too. You can omit footnotes and annotations, for instance, as well as chapters that have been excluded from compile.

The Edit Scrivenings trick is certainly possible, and if you want to see word frequencies for the entire manuscript, that would be the way to do it (just make sure that you have the cursor in the text editor) but Project Stats was designed specifically for what you want to do.

You can find the stats Amber mentions under View > Statistics > Project Statistics.
All the best,
Keith

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I was looking for the word frequency statistics that appear to only be under text analysis. Figure, the easiest way is to export whole manuscript and import it into a single node of a temp project to get these stats, but if there’s a more elegant approach, it would be great to know.

This is a minor thing. I think Scrivener is beautiful.

Hi,

You can just use Edit Scrivenings to view multiple documents as though they are one document, then call the Text Statistics on the editor containing the E.S. session.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith