Thank heavens for automatic backups!

I don’t know why, but, after I thought I had things fixed, syncing with Dropbox has proven problematic. Twice in a row, I’ve lost work. I do think this is a Dropbox problem, not a Scriv problem, because, yesterday, I had to unlink and relink my computer in order to get Dropbox to sync properly. After that, when I opened my project this morning, I found, to my horror, that all of yesterday’s work was gone! :open_mouth:

I quit Dropbox, had a look at the manual, and opened up the latest Scriv backup. Work found! I pasted the new section into the file I was working on and kept working. Then I backed up - twice.

So no more Dropbox for me until they solve this problem. I’m going to post to the Dropbox boards to let them know what’s been happening to me. In the meantime, if I want to sync my work between the iMac and the Macbook, I’ll just carry text files with me on a good old thumb drive.

I am SO grateful for Scrivener’s automatic backup feature! Even if a cloud backup works for you most of the time, it’s essential to have your work backed up to your hard drive. That’s a lesson I won’t forget. :smiley: