thank you thank you thank you

I would like to say thank you to the maker of this program. I am very new to writing screenplays. I have been studying it for the last month. I finished writing my first book in December after six months of work.
I have learned that my true love is writing screenplays.

I got the demo of Scrivener Tuesday of last week. I bought it two days later. In ten days I have finished writing my first screenplay. From the research I’ve done I’ve gathered that as a writer it isn’t necessary for me to add in all of the camera angles and fades. The writers job is basically to tell the story. Using actions and dialogues. Although I do have some intercuts.

Anyway in 10 days I have written a 93 page script 16,913 words long. This is my first draft so I am sure I will make some changes. I just want to thank you for making this program. My desire for writing has returned and I really enjoy screenplays so much more than writing novels. I actually plan to turn my novel into a screenplay.

Basically I just want to say thank you for making a wonderful screenwriting program that doesn’t cost two hundred dollars. I tried the free demo of final draft and it is definitely not worth the price tag.

Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad that Scrivener has proven useful, and congratulations on getting to the end of the first draft of your screenplay (blimey, in ten days, too).

Thanks again and all the best,
Keith

That’s putting it mildly. :wink: In fact, it’s a huge no-no and a certain way of getting a screenplay dismissed out of hand as an amateur effort.

Camera angles, fades, editing, FX – all that is for the director to figure out and decide from the story that you tell using dramaturgy, structure, dialog and other writers’ tools. Directors hate being told how to do their job.

Kind regards,

Joachim